From: owner-apisto@v2.listbox.com [mailto:owner-apisto@v2.listbox.com] On
Behalf Of Mike & Diane Wise
Sent: 11 mars 2003 09:03
To: apisto@v2.listbox.com
Subject: Re: information on two species

Patrick,

They are all probably the same species - A. sp. Rotpunkt. Rotpunkt is a
German name composed of 2 words: rot = red & Punkt = point, dot, or spot.
Thus "Rotpunkt" can be translated into English as "Red-point", "Red-dot",
or "Red-spot". A. sp. Puerto Narino, more accurately A. sp. Rotpunkt
(Puerto Nariño) appears to be a yellow form of Rotpunkt. It's unlikely that
the Puerto Nariño form actually comes from Puerto Nariño, Colombia, located
at the mouth of the Rio Vichada on the Orinoco. This is far from other
known locations for Rotpunkt-like forms, which are found near the foothills
of the Andes around Florencia, Cacquetá State, Colombia. You also forgot to
mention the other form of Rotpunkt - A. sp. Rotpunkt
(Schwarzsaum/Black-rimmed, edged, bordered or seamed). Now you know why I
prefer to use the foreign names originally used & just translate them in
(parentheses).

Mike Wise