Re: Pelvicachromis ID help - part 2

Bob,

Let me first say that I'm not the best authority on Krib ID, but based on
your photos I would say that Fish 1 is Pv. taeniatus (Bandewouri) & Fish 2
is Pv. taeniatus (Nigeria Green). It's all based on the shape, size, &
location of the caudal ocelli.

Dr. Lamboj's book on western African cichlids, to be published this Fall,
should be a God-send to all of those trying to ID westies.

Mike Wise