Re: A. Resticulosa or what?

Per,

Welcome to the list. I can understand why you have questions about the identity of your A. resticulosa. As far as I know this species (like the holotype) has not entered the hobby yet. There are many 'forms' similar to the holotype that have been in the hobby however. We do not know if these are different species or
geographic variations of A. resticulosa. Römer's Atlas show at least 3 different forms, but they can all be considered 'A. resticulosa' for now. If your resticulosa has no stripes on the tail (not even faint stripes) then it is possible that you have A. sp. Cheek-spots/Wangenflecken. This was the original fish in the hobby
that we called 'A. resticulosa'. It is still present and sold as A. resticulosa. I hope this helps.

Mike Wise