  From: Per Wigstal
  To: apisto@v2.listbox.com
  Sent: Monday, July 14, 2003 7:13 PM
  Subject: Sneaker males?

  Hi all

  The term "sneaker males" or "sneaking males" is frequently used among apistophiles. But what is the true meaning of that term? I have had a discussion on a swedish forum for cichlidists about this term. And It seems that theres is two opinions about the meaning.
  These are as follows:

  1. A small dominated male which have the same coloration as a female. Propably the coloration is the strategical way to survive within a dominant males territory.

  2. A male (of any coloration) which "sneaks in" and fertilises eggs at a spawning site. This is then a reproducing strategy.

  My opinion is that the description under point 1 is widely spread and is accepted among cichlidists.
  What is your opinion? What is the correct use of the term "Sneaker male"??

  Best regards/ Per