From: "Per Wigstal" <per_wigstal@yahoo.co.uk>
To: <apisto@v2.listbox.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2003 9:00 PM
Subject: Apistos in the South!

> Hi all.
>
> Have been reading the wonderful article about A. Borellii
written by Wolfgang Staeck (Aquarium Heute 1999/1). I had
the big luck to get a scanned copy of the article a couple
of weeks ago!
> Since i´m a Borellii fan, it was very interesting reading.
> I was surprised to read that some of the collecting sites
was found just north of uruguay close to the Brazilian town
Sao Borja, in the uruguay-river.
> Staeck wrote that he measured the temperature in the water
at the cold season, to just 6-7 degree C. (42,8-44,6F) But
the Borellis didn´t seem to bother about the very low
temperature. The activities and the moves of the fishes was
altough slower than normal.

> I´m still waiting to hear some reports that someone have
collected Borellis as far south as in Uruguay!
> Or, is the Commbrae the toughest apisto? Living as far
south as in middle of Uruguay?