From: owner-apisto@v2.listbox.com [mailto:owner-apisto@v2.listbox.com]On
Behalf Of Nuno Prazeres
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 9:59 AM
To: apisto@v2.listbox.com
Subject: Re: "biotope project"

Hi all,

I have a 450 liter Paraguay bassin biotope with A. borellii and A.
trifasciata (some Argentinian F1s which I was able to get from a French
breeder).

I used some material from the 1998, AquaRAP Expedition to the Pantanal to
match some species.

Unfortunatly the link does not work anymore but I can send the pdf file if
anybody wants. I also used another studys of the same region to try to match
both water parameters and aquatic plants.

The biotope project is going ok but the tank is doomed with algae :-(
However, the apistos are breeding like rabbits. I am working with a very low
conductivity but I expect to move it up a bit since it is dry season now
there. The problem is actualy to move temp down to low 20s/upper teens
Celsius because it is Summer here.

Best regards

Nuno Prazeres