Re: "biotope project"

Nuno: I'm from Buenos Aires.... this PDF file sound very interesting to us....may you send it in a private mail?

Thanks in advance.

Gustavo E. Medrano
Argencard S.A.
Peru 143 -2° piso (1067) Cap.Fed.
Tel: (54-1) 4340-9800 int. 4927
e-mail: gemedrano@argencard.com.ar

>>> nprazeres@vodafone.pt 06/15 2:59 PM >>>
Hi all,

I have a 450 liter Paraguay bassin biotope with A. borellii and A. trifasciata (some Argentinian F1s which I was able to get from a French breeder).

I used some material from the 1998, AquaRAP Expedition to the Pantanal to match some species.

Unfortunatly the link does not work anymore but I can send the pdf file if anybody wants. I also used another studys of the same region to try to match both water parameters and aquatic plants.

The biotope project is going ok but the tank is doomed with algae :-( However, the apistos are breeding like rabbits. I am working with a very low conductivity but I expect to move it up a bit since it is dry season now there. The problem is actualy to move temp down to low 20s/upper teens Celsius because it is Summer here.

Best regards

Nuno Prazeres