>On Sun, 4 Aug 1996 08:43:05 -0500, Roni Talukdar wrote:
>
>>water conditions 8-12 dGH, pH
>>6.5-6.8 be sufficient to allow these fish to thrive?  The other tankmates
>>will most likely be 4-6 adult discus,
>
>The discus will NOT thrive in these water conditions, but they will
>probably survive OK.

Well, I don't know about that.  I think it really depends on what type of
water the discus were raised in.  Most of the discus available locally come
from SE Asia (Bangkok, Hong Kong) and grow well (sometimes reaching 7-8" in
six months) in regular tap water adjusted for pH.  I agree that breeding is
a different issue and that wild-caught discus might not thrive, but I'm
relatively certain the discus will do well.  In fact, the discus I've seen
under these conditions seem to be the most active, friendly, healthy discus
I've seen in a while.

-Roni