'tea' water

Hello all!

I am hoping someone on the list can help me.
(obviously, or I wouldn't be writing! <G>) A few
months ago I purchased a large piece of driftwood
for my 75g tank. The water, of course, took on
that dark 'tea' look. The fish all seemed much
happier and were alot more active while the
color remained. I, for one reason or another,
decided to add carbon to my filter to get rid of
the color. Now......I want it back.Unfortunately,
I don't want to buy another piece of driftwood
to do it. I know that peat will have the same effect,
but I don't know that I want to risk sending my fish
into PH shock, and even if I do it slowly, I'm not
sure I'm ready for the hassles of changing my PH.
Are there any other ways of doing it? A friend jokingly
suggested adding tea. It would definately change the
color. What else would it affect? Just a thought.......<G>

TIA,
Tracie