Re: Apisto. Nijsseni?

At 04:40 PM 11/11/96 -0500, you wrote:
>I found some Apisto Nijsseni in one of the local fish stores about 3

>Is this a version of Nijsseni, or is this some new species that is
>closely related?

Ron Harlan collected near Iquitos in 88/89 and brought back
agassizi and nijsseni. He also borught be what we joking
referred to as "harlani"; they looked like nijsseni, but not quit
the same. Last I heard, they were deemed to be a different
populaiton of nijsseni.

You'd have to call Ron to find out more, I'm fuzzy on the
details; given howeevr how many different color variations
there are on agassizi and cacatuoides, it seems resonable
there might be different populaitons of nijsseni.

--
Richard J. Sexton                               Bannockburn killifish ranch
richard@aquaria.net