D. filamentosus

Hi everyone.  Just a follow up on the question I asked about sexing D.
filamentosus thought some of you at least would be interested.  I have
six of the little critters and noticed on one 3cm (total length) fish
that there are two small points appearing on the top and bottom of the
caudal fin.  Looks like this is about the minimum size for sexing them.
At least I know I have at least one male but will have to wait a while
longer to see how many more I have. :)  Thanks to all those who responded
to my original post.
	Talk about a learning experience.  I bought a trio of A.
trifasciata about a month ago but have never seen the male show any
interest in the females at all.  Surprise, surprise on the w'end my
girlfriend is ahaving a look in abook and says "how come our male
trifasciata has a two pronged tail and the ones in the book don't?"  Hmmm
I says.  Looks like the man in the store gave us a male A. steindachneri
instead.  No wonder he wasn't interested in the females!  Oh well now I
have to track down a female A. steindachneri and a male A. trifasciata!
As well as buy half a dozen more tanks!  AHHHHHHHHH.

Simon Mann                                     E-mail: mann@alf.chem.su.oz.au
School of Chemistry                              Work: (02) 9351-5747
The University of Sydney                          Fax: (02) 9351-3329
N.S.W., 2006, Australia.