raising fry

Hi all, this is in response to Simon's note about raising fry.
I have found that they grow faster and have fewer losses if allowed
to remain with the female for 3-4 weeks. I feed microworms and a
lot of baby brine shrimp, occasionally some finely powered flake.
If I use a 5 gal tank for spawning, then i remove the male when the
fry are free swimming, or he sometimes gets killed. In a 10 gal or
larger he seems to do ok, as long as he stays away from the fry.
The 15 L container with just an airstone, I think an established
sponge filter, even a small one will make a lot of difference. I've
never had very much success in anything without filtration due to
ammonia build up, but I'm sure that I over feed.

============ Reminder: Kindly quote parsimoniously when replying =============