Corys and Apistos

I have never seen a direct attack of an Apisto on a corydoras, and in fact,
rarely see it even with somewhat bigger dwarfs such as Pelvicachromis.
 When females are on spawns, there is more aggression, but it appears to be
only defensive in nature, and limited to the immediate region around the
spawn site.  I have not lost spawns to corys, but I do keep some light on
in the vicinity of the spawning tanks.  I do frequently loose spawns to the
females themselves, typically bit by bit, or on the second night.  But
that's another topic.

I don't keep corys in all my apisto tanks, and where I do, they are
typically excess paleatus from previous Cory spawning attempts.  I keep all
of my corys together in a 55 gallon, where I can keep the temperature low,
the water current high, and the feedings of blackworms heavy.  My corys in
Apisto tanks never get blackworms, and thus are not ever in breeding
condition.  They are there mainly to help clean up the bottom from stray
pellet and frozen food - a job they do well.

As for the aggressive nature of nijsseni and pandurini, I agree that their
volatility tends to be focused on conspecifics, and rarely on other tank
inhabitants.  Further, I have found that once a pair of pandurinis has been
established, their aggressive interactions calm way down, even in a 10
gallon tank!  I have a pair spawning each week, and the female readily
allows the male to patrol the outer reaches of the tank, and even
occasionally come near the spawning cave.  Now if only she would'nt consume
the spawn the second night!

----------- Reminder: Kindly quote parsimoniously when replying -------------