Fwd: nannacara taenia

Gary says:
>they seem to spend a lot of time fighting if kept in groups. Kept as
>pairs or trios, their behaviour changes and they calm down. Then, they seem
easy to spawn.

Gary--Very interesting about the placement of the slate.  What size tank?
Substrate?  Heavily planted, lightly planted, or none? The nanacara taenia that
I have were kind of shy but came out at feeding in a community tank.  They seem
to appear a lot less frequently since the addition of 6 d. filamentosa.  The
filamentosas do not appear to be real aggressive--but then, I'm not constantly
watching to see what activity is occurring.  Which brings another question to
mind; are you using any dither fish or any other tank mates  with your breeding
N. taenia?