Re: breeding tank size

I've used 5 and 10 gallon tanks as my mainstays for raising apistos for the
past 17 years.  I've had good spawnings from smaller fish like A. borelli as
well as larger fish such as A. nijsseni.  I always let the parents raise the
fry.  I do have fairly heavily planted tanks and this probably helps with
hiding places.  David Soares is always lecturing me about my tanks but
larger tanks would be difficult to keep supplied with r/o water.
I read with interest the earlier thread regarding using an ion exchange
method of getting "soft" water.  Exchanging Ca with Na did not work for me
at all.  My fish just gradually withered away.  R/O works well and if you
start with good water it is even better.
Tom