breeding tank size

Tom writes:
 Exchanging Ca with Na did not work for me at all.  My fish just gradually
withered away.  R/O works well and if you start with good water it is even
better.
     Tom

Tom--Based on your email id and location my guess is that you are the doctor in
Chico that Brian Wolinski told me about a couple of years back when I was
looking for Nijsenni. Brian said you seemed to be doing a pretty good job of
reproducing Nijsenni.  How hard is your source water before you used the Na+ for
Ca+ ion exchange water softener?  Would you mind giving some detail on  your
success at breeding Nijsenni?  I'm always interested in hearing how different
people achieve success at breeding apistos.

Ed Pon
Milpita, California 95035