Re: HITH/HLLE?

> I think resembles Hole in the head. The symptoms are a protruding,
> white bump in the forehead. The fish eat, swim and behave normally.
> [snip]
> Anyone seen or heard of this before?

Yes, I'm having a problem with my A. njisseni in a similar manner.  I've
tried water changes, drops in acidity, warming of the temperature to 82F,
anti-fungal treatments, Paragon, and Paragon II all with no success.  I've
been able to experiment some since I've lost 4 fish this way!  :-(

However, the bad news is that I have no idea what causes it nor what kills
it.  I have some aphyosemium type killiefish in with some that have
succumbed to this disease and they have showed no problems throughout the
dying span of the Apisto.

If anyone knows how to treat this problem effectively, I'd realy
appreciate the info.  I've got another male suffering from this disease
right now in the near death phase, and another female who is in the
starting phase.  I've seen this to be a disease which takes 3 weeks from
the time I notice it to the time it kills them.

				Cheers,
				Matthew