RE: feeding cacautoid fry?

You could try microworms if you really need an alternative to BBS, though I
don't think anything can beat newly hatched brine shrimp.  I would guess
that frozen nauplii would be more expensive than hatching your own, even at
the currently high cost for eggs.  Why would you not hatch your own?  Cost?
 Mess? Other?

I have just started experimenting with some very fine foods that are not
yet on the market.  Some of the finest samples I have are roughly on the
order of nauplii size. I have not tried it on newly hatched fish, but it is
consumed readily by 3-4 week olds.  I'll update the group when I have tried
it on younger fish.

For the Group:  your thoughts on the commercial value of having a good
quality, nauplii-sized food available to the hobbyist market would be
appreciated.  What do you dislike about nauplii that might be served by the
appropriate prepared food?

TOM