Re: oh no!

 but now Ihave a big problem.
	I've never seen a case of dropsy, only a picture of the end
result in books. Right now my male looks bloated, but I am not sure.
Yesterday he seems bigger when I watched him swim around, but I
figured
he is just a fast growing youngster, now with a big ole belly. I tried
looking at his scales, they dont appear to be sticking out.
The eyes could be bulging, but then again, i thought they where sorta
out there to begin with. his fins are still perfect, and he eats
plenty.

|     Michael W. McGrath    |
|    mcgrath@citilink.com   |
| www.citilink.com/~mcgrath |
+---------------------------+

Mike,
Regarding the your case of "dropsy", is the male gaping at the mouth or
is there any heavy breathing. About a month ago I had an outbreak of this
with my apistos specifically with a female biteaniata and a few nijsseni.
Tried to treat with Neomycin,
but lost them any way. The female was wild caught and an adult when I
bought her
so maybe old age after two years. It was suggested that it might have
been kidney failure. I'm not sure. The nijsseni however were only six
months old when they became ill. After medicating and possibly the 50%
water changes the disease subsided. Maybe this will help.

Phillip Ryti
rytireefs@juno.com