Fwd: Re: oh no!

>>Regarding the your case of "dropsy", is the male gaping at the mouth
or
>is there any heavy breathing. About a month ago I had an outbreak of
this
>with my apistos specifically with a female biteaniata and a few
nijsseni.

The symptoms sound very close to the disease that I was describing
regarding my pandurini in earlier mailings with subject "lockjaw".
I have seen this in numerous wild caught pandurinis, mostly males.  I
have a f1 nijsseni who is exhibiting this symptom now.  I keep many
other types of apistos under identical conditions, and even in the same
tank without losing any to this mysterious disease.

Ed Pon
Milpita, California 95035