Fwd: colour foods

Gary says:The young fish eat frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp, plus
live artemia naupli, whiteworms, sometimes earthworms, and flake and
freeze-dried plankton. It looks good to me, but has anyone got a good
suggestion for a colour food to increase the redness of the fins? I
don't have access to ponds for daphnia or cyclops

Have you tried Wardley's's Spectra IV? I don't know what colors it
enhances, but I have heard of it turning certain cichlids black in only
a couple of days.  It was something we joked about at the fish club
meetings for quite a while.  The Tanganyikan cichlidiots finally found a
way to get the mythical black transcriptus that everyone wanted.

Several years back, I came across an article about the red color spots
that are to be found on some of the wild South Americans, like discus
and some apistos.  The thought was that a combination of iron and humic
acid may have caused wild green discus to carry these red spots that
often fade after a period of time in captivity. I'm sorry I couldn't be
more specific, it's a vague memory.  Perhaps someone else has read the
article and has better recall than I do.

Another thing that I recall was that Brian Wolinski, one of our local
apisto experts before he moved to Florida, was asking me if I had seen
some liquid form of a certain B vitamain.  I don't recall which B
vitamin it was, but Brian thought that it would enhance the red coloring
in apistos.  Perhaps there might be someone out there who can comment on
this.