Any suggestion? (fry)

The A. cacatuoides female last Saturday moved the fry outside of the
flowerpot, and they began swimming yesterday. It's hard to count them,
but I would estimate it's about 20 of them. I had previously removed the
rummynose and the D. filamentosum, while yesterday I confined the male
behind a partition (on the other side of the fry+mother, of course).
Yesterday I changed some water and fed the fry with moderation four
times (approx. every 3-4 hours) with a syringe attached to a rigid
airline tube: first I used artificial fry food (tetramin E powder+liquid
fry food+water), then I made another feeding with vinegar eels, then
another with newly hatched brine shrimp, finally another with artificial
food again. The fry's belly appeared well rounded afterwards. It's
amazing how fast they grow. I would appreciate to receive suggestions
about the following:

1) how long should I keep them with the mother? The temperature is 26
deg. C, and I do not know how soon she will be ready to lay eggs again.

2) I am not home from 8:30 AM until 6-6:15 PM. How critical is to leave
them for so many hours without food? There is a mature sponge filter in
the tank, though. This morning at 7:30 I introduced some more artificial
food before leaving my house.

3) Any other tip? Anything wrong in what I am doing?

Dionigi