pingu guppies -Reply

>>  have found them to be even better than some of the tetras
as dither fish <<

What are the attributes of a good dither fish?  I've never really
addressed this issue personally, but let me throw out some
categories as a starter for debate with possible values or
options. Some have obvious choices (i.e., aggressive dithers
are not desirable) but I'll include them anyway in case what
may be obvious to me may not be right at all. :-)

ACTIVITY
Active swimmer, moderately active or sluggish

AGGRESSION
aggressive, somewhat aggressive or peaceful

STRATA OCCUPIED
upper, middle or lower

REPRODUCTION
Live bearer or egg layer