Fwd: pingu guppies -Reply

Perhaps we should go back further and define what are dither fishes.  I
suspect that there may be more than one reason for keeping dither fish.
The upper strata and middle strata is not occupied in most cichlid
tanks, so appearance and completing the pictorial view of an aquarium is
a possible need.  Cichlids in general are cautious and many do not
display themselves unless there are other "dumber" fish which may
present themselves as the first target of a predator--so to better view
your apistos behaving naturally(questionable in an aquarium setting) may
be another reason to have dither fish.  There are surely other reasons
that I have not thought of.