RE: male female ratio

>Hmm. I get this wierd feeling that I have like all females......

You will need to look closely.  Double and Triple reds show color at 1/2 -
5/8", but it is just the slightest blush of red in the caudal.  Other
species that are more subtely colored may not show much of anything.  At
this size, the females will definitely show strong black in the pelvic
fins, but that is not always an absolute indicator of females.

Not to lower your hopes, but I had a batch of double reds about a year ago
- - about 40-50 fish - that ALL were males!  Not a single female to be found!
 The local stores like the males for their color, but this was a bit much.

Meanwhile, using the same water chemistry, my pandurini are throwing nearly
all females it looks like.  I am beginning to wonder if it is pH and
hardness, or if it is temperature like recently suggested.

Tom