Re: Nijenssi?

At 06:08 PM 7/30/97 +0000, you wrote:
>I dont know if I spelled it right but my question is, why dont I hear
>much about this Apisto?  <<snip>>
>  If anyone could Give me info on this species I would be very
>greatfull.

I have a trio - 2 females and a male, of course. I like mine _very much_.
The females stay a bright yellow with a some black spots/blotches (on the
side, the gill cover and a stripe below the eye) nearly all the time, and
the male is a nice steel blue. The male really lights up when he's happy -
gets an irridescent sheen, etc. Mine seem to be more pair bonded as opposed
to harem breeders - one poor female is the odd one out. They've spawned for
me multiple times over the past year, but the female keeps eating her spawn
- - if I were really serious about raising fry (rather than just watching the
breeding behavior) I suppose I'd need to do something about getting the
spawn away from her. I'd rather take my chances - I really want to see some
maternal care giving...

>   Thank You.

You're welcome - hope this helps - enjoy the new additions...  jp

- ----
John Pittman
jpittman@ici.netx <-remove the x...
http://www.ici.net/cust_pages/jpittman/