Another example of bad info from the magazines

They are still perpetuating the "inch-per-gallon" rule.  (Sometimes it is the
2-inch-per-gallon variation).  Recently, on the Fishlink Discussion Board,
Chloe was asking about fish to keep with her Oscar in the thrity gallon tank
she was setting up for it.  Obviously, a thirty was not big enough, but the
inch-per-gallon rule had her all set to go.
The rule is valid if none of the fish is over three inches, but no one
bothered to explain that to Chloe, or to any of the rest of us, either.  If
we don't listen to the advice of other hobbyists who have already been
through the pain, but choose instead to blindly accept the literature, as
Gomberg says we must to be good Aquarists, Our fish suffer, our pocketbooks
suffer, and our confidence in ourselves as fishkeepers suffers.
Let's not follow the literature blindly.  Let's continue to run an open,
public dialog, so that we may all benefit from one another.

Bob