Re: PS

I think it is time I came to the defence of MiamiBob: I have been in the
fish trade for 10 years and have almost 22 years experience keeping
tropical and native fish.
None of the commonly imported "algae eaters" are strict herbivores thus
they will eat meat and will hunt it if not provided. I think he has stated
a good mix of book and common sense: if you run your fish room by the book
you will spend way to much money and kill far to many fish...Just my opinion.

At 05:15 PM 8/24/97 -0700, you wrote:
>On 08/24/97 at 03:35 p, IDMiamiBob@aol.com said:
>
>>I don't have to chase references to know whether or not Algae
>>eaters also eat other fish.  I've seen them do it in my tanks, and
>>believe others when I they tell me the same thing.
>
>I'll bet you've seen most every fish in a community tank pecking at
>a weak (dying) fish too.  Proves beyond the shadow of a doubt (and
>certainly beyond reading a fish ethology article) that they are all
>born killers.  What do you use to protect your keyboard from the
>drool?
>

>--
>
>Dave Gomberg, FormMaestro!                     http://www.wcf.com
> gomberg@wcf.com

Darrell Laney
Parkwood Aquarics- Owner
Northeast Alabama Aquarium Society- Sec./Tres., Webmaster, Editor of Fish Talk
www.cybrtyme.com/personal/darrell/