Cool off (was Re: !>>Note to Wright>>Note to R. Park)

Gomberg wrote:

>On 08/24/97 at 07:30 p, Aqua Girl <serpent@hawk.phantasy.com> said:
>
>>Why are you attacking someone for there opinions? It makes you seem
>>rude and ignorant. It also appears that you don't have a valid
>>point to debate, so you choose to make a personal attack
>>instead.
>
>I am attacking someone for making a statement without data to back
>it up.  If that is your idea of an opinion (as opposed to a matter
>of fact) you have a lot to learn.

The original criticism lacked some elements of tact (as did my final
say on it earlier). Now you turn the attack in another direction.

I love arguing with you, Dave, but the list is for our hobby, where we
relax and have some fun. Flaming makes for an unpleasant scene for all.

May I suggest that we all cool it and find some way to be heard without
criticizing, complaining, or condemning anyone? It *can* be done.
Honest!

It pains me deeply to be in such agreement with Aqua Girl, but what can
I do? :^)

Wright

PS Aqua Girl: I'll find something else we can bicker over, soon. OK?

- --

Wright Huntley (510) 494-8679 Fremont, CA USA huntley@ix.netcom.com