RE: apistos wasting away

Hi all,

Dionigi said:

>Since metronidazole (active on flagellates) did not work, the next
>option would be to treat for nematodes, tapeworms (are they too big for
>Apistos?) and flukes (that even if located elswhere, may still cause
>wasting). Flubendazole is in my opinion the best choice, but
>praziquantel or Fluke-Tabs are good alternatives too. Do you need the
>dosages and treatment schemes?

I would love to have your treatment schemes. I have never really had any luck
treating my apistos for their ailments, but I am willing to try.

When I had discus, they responded well to pipzine for tapeworms (this is
the only worm med I have), but I was unsure as to whether tapeworm
infections were
common among apistos. Anybody have any data on this?

Thanks alot, Dionigi

Lisa