Apistogramma sp. "Sunset"

I just got a group of Apistogramma sp. "Sunset." Has anyone had any
success breeding these yet? I'd appreciate any insights.

The fish looks similar to A. norberti, but males have orange bellies and
males and females show barring along the base of the dorsal fins. Very
pretty fish, a recent addition to the A. nijsseni complex.

The fish I have are far less shy than A. norberti, which is the most
retiring Apisto I've seen yet. The Sunsets are not as outgoing as
nijsseni and A. sp. "pandurini," but they swim in the open, unlike
norbeti, which always darts for cover when I'm in the room.

I'd guess that Sunsets want very soft, very acid water, but I'd be
interested if anyone has practical experience to offer.

I've successfully spawned nijsenni and pandurini but have so far struck
out with A. norberti.

 Pete Johnson       Apple Computer       petej@apple.com
 Senior Editor    apple.com Home Page     (408) 974-2481