Re: Maybe not so strange

At 08:27 PM 9/30/97 +0100, Lisa Wrischnik wrote:
>Hi all,
>>On 09/30/97 at 05:00 p, IDMiamiBob@AOL.COM said:
>>
>>>try 2 nets, using one net to chase the little guys into the other net.
>
>and then Dave said:
>>Or a net and a jar laid in the tank, and chase the fry into the jar
>>with the net.
>>

>Good ideas. I have had luck with brine shrimp nets and have also used a net
>to chase fry (or adults) into a clear plastic fish bag with good results -
>wide opening and the little devils apparently can't see it (or sense it
>with their lateral line system, or whatever.....).
>
>Lisa

I have used the large jar for catching large plecos so they wouldn't tear up
my nets. The other way I used to catch my corys when they were too small for
the net and too large for the air line tubing was using a larger tubing of
approximately 1/2" and siphoning them into a bucket while controlling the
suction by keeping one finger over the end going into the bucket. I would
place the tubing over the fry and move my finger from the end just a little.
Just enough so that when the fry reached the end I wouldn't squash them with
my finger or plaster them against the container with too strong a spray.

Just another idea for apistos.

Kaycy