Re: Newbie Questions

- -----Original Message-----
From: IDMiamiBob@aol.com <IDMiamiBob@aol.com>
To: apisto@majordomo.pobox.com <apisto@majordomo.pobox.com>
Date: October 28, 1997 12:19 AM
Subject: Re: Newbie Questions

>.Do I lose the plastic plants because they are tacky or do they have some
affect on my water quality?  They are a brand new addition.  I do have some
nice floating water sprite, rooted cabomba and amazon sword.
I have purchased something on recommendation of my FFS (*favourite* fish
store) called Water Softener Pillow.  Haven't tried it yet but it appears to
be temporary - active for 48 hrs.  Can be recharged up to 4 times and costs
$8.00 (Cdn.) on sale.  Way over my budget to be used on regular basis.  It
was recommended as a temporary measure because my Angels are spawning.
Anybody any experience with this sort of thing?
I was using an ancient Axelrod reference for sci. names - I guess the
microgeophagus ramirezi has gone through some name changes.  By the way, I
just got a brand new reference book for my birthday - "Complete Book of
Dwarf Cichlids" by Hans Richter.  Wahoo! And they say diamonds are a girl's
best friend!

Heather

>  >>

>Hi, Heather:
>    Welcome to the mania.
>    Your water parameters aren't totally hopeless.  However, I recommend
(you
>will find we all have our own theories about this stuff) that you treat it
by
>using an RO or DI unit to reduce your GH, or buy a product by Mardel called
Ta