Re: Remarks on Apistogramma Juruensis by Romer and Soares

George.......I have one pair as well.  I've had 3 spawns and none of the
three attempts have produced a fry yet, but that's for a different story
(I think I know why and in a week or two will have some fry).  My male
is about as big as your thumb......well my thumb anyway......and will
rival the color of most ANY cacatuiodes......the picture that's with the
article really doesn't do complete justice.  The extended rays on the
dorsal are really long and the color is ......wow!  I'll get some pic's
of my male and put them by the article in a week or
so......folks.....you NEED to get this one.  A pretty standard Dwarf
till the male hits his prime.  I'm sure however that the male would
start spawning as soon as he starts showing his male traits......1 1/2"
about.

Mike