Re: Remarks on Apistogramma Juruensis by Romer and Soares

Ken Laidlaw wrote:

> > George.......I have one pair as well.  I've had 3 spawns and none of the
> > three attempts have produced a fry yet, but that's for a different story
> > (I think I know why and in a week or two will have some fry).  My male
> > is about as big as your thumb......well my thumb anyway......and will
> > rival the color of most ANY cacatuiodes......the picture that's with the
> > article really doesn't do complete justice.  The extended rays on the
> > dorsal are really long and the color is ......wow!  I'll get some pic's
> > of my male and put them by the article in a week or
> > so......folks.....you NEED to get this one.  A pretty standard Dwarf
> > till the male hits his prime.  I'm sure however that the male would
> > start spawning as soon as he starts showing his male traits......1 1/2"
> > about.
>
> What species are you referring to here and where is the
> article?
>
> Ken.

I'm sorry Ken and folks.....yesterday another article was posted on the
Dave Soares page.........it was on A. juruensis:

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/7918

do yourself a favor guys, go to the page and read the article and then
go find the fish........at maturity it rivals them ALL....believe the
picture and more.  I had a reasonably serious "dwarf keeper" at the
house the other night and he offered me his house and his wife for my
pair of A.juruensis..............I declined..;-).

Mike