RE: Newbie Questions -Reply

At 08:17 AM 11/3/97 -0600, William Vannerson wrote:
>My recommendation would be to start basic.  Don't try to
>incorporate too many new variables to your skill set at one
>time.  Then start adding new items to the mix, like adjusting
>the water chemistry or learning how to culture of BBS (if you
>don't already).  Separately, none of these aspects are
>exceptionally difficult, the problems I've encountered is
>weaving them into my life along with my other responsibilities
>of family, house and work.

Great post, Bill.  I once was at the stage where I was trying to do too much
(raise plants, adjust water conditions, raise live food, in addition to tank
maintenance on too many tanks).  Once I settled on one project at a time
(keeping a new category of fish, for instance) I felt more like I was
growing in the hobby rather than failing to do all the things the experts
said I "should" do.

On the other hand, I still would *love* to shed that brown thumb--a thickly
planted tank is a beauty I've never been able to maintain. :-)

Rusty