RE: Plastic toxin in tank

I agree with you. I meant to suggest the use of carbon as a temporary
measure to remove the residues left in the fish tank, which apparently
were not removed even by a thourough cleaning.

I do not know if it is acceptable to continue using the plastic water
storage tank, hoping for the chemicals to eventually stop  leaching out.
I would not take a chance, but maybe others would.

I store for re-use the reject water from my RO system in a 50 gal
polyethylene tank for agricultural use, which I bought from a hardware
mail-order company (Northern Equipment).  No problems at all.

Concerning the plasticizers, I seem to remember there are several
reports of toxicity problems in fish. If it is all of them, or only
some, that I do not know.

Dionigi