Re: tetras (as tankmates)

Erik Olson wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Nov 1997, Randy or Deb Carey wrote:
>
> > Perhaps the size of the tanks make a difference.  In a twenty or
> > smaller, the Congo's would be boxed in and thus the cichlids could feel
> > uneasy.  In something as large as a fifty-five, I couldn't see the
> > Congo's doing any harm.
>
> Nope, this was a 55, heavily planted and all.
>
> > But perhaps the size of the congo's can make some dwarf's nervous.
>
> I suspect this.  The congo's were full-grown by the time I actually had a
> spawning pair of Kribs. I do remember they made a rather imposing school.
>
>   - Erik

I'll accept that, though it somewhat surprises me.  I've never tried
that specific combination, so I must acquiesce to someone's experience.

So the problem remains:  What are good (and accessible) African
tankmates for Pelvicachromis and other African dwarfs?  It's not an easy
answer.

I'd consider the Nannaethiops unitaeniatus (Baensch I, p. 228) and
certainly Hemigrammopetersious caudalis (Baensch I, p. 219).

- --Randy