RE: panduro vs. "pandurini"

Further on Ken's thought - where did Pandurini come from???  It is
clearly from the "Panduro" root, but makes less sense than "Panduroi" or
"Panduro" would have as a temporary name.  Perhaps it was just one of
those bag mispellings on the first shipment?

When the fish was first exported, what was it called.  If Panduro
himself was the first exporter, did he coin the name, or did it come
later.  If he did not coin the name, who did and when?  Is the range of
the fish in the wild large enough that other exporters also became
involved early on?  I ask this as the wild stock we saw in our area last
summer/fall all came in marked as nijsseni, even though they were
clearly "Pandurini".  I am 'sure' the transhipper was only passing along
the name he got from his source...

Tom