Re: black worms

Mike Jacobs wrote:

<snip>
>   Back then, 1968 I could spawn about anything I wanted
> to....people thought I had a line to the fish GOD.......I was using
> black worms....fish will spawn after eating black worms, given the right
> water conditions.....fish were created to spawn....they want to do
> that.  Over the years.....30....... I have just stayed quiet and spawned
> virtually any fish I wanted, within reason, because, I think, I have
> ALWAYS used black worms.  <snip>

I've been sold on black worms for some times.  Black worms and a massive
r/o water change are the best inducers for Apisto's.  I never saw a
Rasbora spawn until three weeks ago...right after a black worm feeding
(and a pH drop to 5.0).  Thanks for the testimony.  I think your right
about them helping to induce the harder-to-spawn fishes.

> These days I buy them by the fistful.......it costs about $15-18 for a
> fistworth.

A guy in our club (he lurks in this list) ships in 10 pounds of black
worms per month and sells to fellow club members.  I'm in each month for
a pound at around $12.  There's nothing like networking in a club with
other serious hobbyists!

- --Randy