Re: A.nijsseni and harems.

>   The Linke & Staeck book says that there is no harem forming
>   tendency in nijsseni.   Has anyone ever kept more than one
>   female per single male in a tank?  If yes, what were your
>   observations.

My observation is that the males pick on males and females on females, but
one mail with several females is not nearly as violent as several males.
I did note any spawning which occured with both.  However, there was a
debate some time ago, I've forgtotten which list wherein we discussed the
definition of harem spawning.  Someone noted that if a fish went from one
female to another after a long period this was not harem spawning.  So,
in their mind simultanaeity was crucial.

				Cheers,
				Matthew