Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: New subscriber

Steph wrote:
>I have read some where on the www (and cont remember the link now)
That
>sex was determined in the first 3 days. and the pH affected males, and
>temperature females (or vice versa)
>
>Try the links from CHOP - there are a couple of more scientific ones
>they raised heaps of fry and fiddled with the conditions.
>
>Hope this helps
>
>Steph

Uwe Romer's research shows that the sex determination in apistos is
determined much later.  I think I read an article on apistos that was
written by a Mr. Yamamoto, of Hawaii, who also agreed with this.  I
don't recall the critical time frame,(I've got the research data stored
at some inconvenient place), but it was like in months instead of days.