Re: Ramirezi died

Sorry about losing the fish Martin.

First I have some questions for you.

1.  When did you get the P. Ramirezi, and how long had they been in that tank?
2.  Did you add anything to the tank that morning or in the previous 12 to 24
     hours?
3.  What other fish, plants, structure is in that tank and what method of
     filtration do you use?

With this description sent to the group, someone might be able to identify
what the problem is.

At 09:07 AM 1/9/98 +0100, you wrote:
>This morning all my Ramirezi died within 5 minutes. They fell into spasms,
>their bodies bent, and started swimming spirals through the tank for a
>couple of secondes, then sank to the bottom, upside down.
>
>Any insights?
>
>	Martin
>
>PS: Sorry, I didn't introduce myself. I am new to the list. My name is
>Martin from Darmstadt, Germany. I used to have Ramirezi, and I still have
>A. borelli and two specimen I cannot name. I am worried right now that I am
>doing something majorly wrong. I am relatively novice with dwarf cichlids,
>I had mine for about 7 months.
>-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
>Martin Rausch
>
>Dept. Communication & Cooperation