Ramirezi died

 Martin Rausch wrote:
<<<<Subject: Ramirezi died
This morning all my Ramirezi died within 5 minutes. They fell into
spasms,
their bodies bent, and started swimming spirals through the tank for a
couple of secondes, then sank to the bottom, upside down.
Any insights?
Well, There used to be 4 Ramirezi. One of them I isolated a couple of
days
ago with completely different symptoms (Extremely fast breathing, fish
sinks to the bottom). That one is still alive. In the main tank (100
L/25
gal) I kept them with 2 A. borelli and 2 undetermined specimen (A. ???)
that I received a week ago. But I found a dead fish (Ram.) with spine
bent
about 4 weeks ago, long before the new mates arrived. Except for taking
out
the one Ram I didn't do anything unusual the last couple of days. In an
effort to soften my water I added peat to my filter. It's the oddest
thing.>>>>

Is there any chance that the peat was contamineted with pesticides?
If you can, a check of the water parameters (ammonia, nitrites and pH)
would help to learn more, and hopefully avoid more losses in the future.

Dionigi