Re: RE: Worms...

> I was wondering if pulling out the intestinal worms might cause internal
> bleeding.  Do you know if these worms might attach themselves and be
> "ripped" out by my tweezer method?

Do not rip them out.  These are almost certainly Cammalanus
sp. which bury there spiked heads into the intestinal wall.
I have managed to completely erradicate them using a drug
called Levamisole hydrochloride (levaside TM) which is a
livestock wormer.

I'll dig out the doseage later and post.

I'll just say first that this is a real pest to dwarfs and
killies.  I introduced it into a 55gallon holding/grow out
tank at one time via a pair of A.cacatuoides and almost as
soon as I noticed it nearly all the other fish were
infected.  I tried piperazine (human worming powder) which
I soaked bloodworm in and it seemed to lessen for a while
but soon came back worse.

In the end I lost many fish including most (~15) of my
A.nijsseni fry which were just sexing out.  If you can't
see it yet on your other fish you must remove them now
before it is too late.  When you use a treatment method
though treat all fish that have been in contact with the
infected fish.

Ken.