Re: RE: Worms...

Hi All,

Below is the treatment prescribed to me (lifted from Erik's
site) by a vet for treatment of intestinal worms.  It
worked completely and had no harmful effects on the fish.
I first tried it on a badly infected Aphysemion gardneri in
a small show tank, after a few hours I could see on the
tank floor that the worms had dropped out clearly dead.

Note that the drug does not have to be prescribed (at least
in the UK) and can be bought from farmyard suppliers.  This
drug is used by livestock farmers to de-worm them.  It
comes in a bottle containing 0.5l or larger.

Please feel free to pass this information around.

Here is the treatment doseage I have used to successfully treat
Cammallanus nematode infestation.

Drug - Levacide (TM) = Levamisole Hydrochloride 7.5% concentration.
       Note: different concentrations can be used e.g. 1,5% just adjust
       quantity accordingly.

Dose - 1ml in 7.5litres of tank water.  First mix required quantity in
       luke warm water. Then pour into tank.
       After 24 hours perform 100% water change if possible.
       Treat all tanks and fish not just those showing signs of
       infestation.

The amount available from farm suppliers (usually 0.5l) is obviously
enough to treat 3750l (approx 900 gallons) so it is quite affordable.
This amount cost $18UK = $25US.  If you have given fish to friends you
could also treat there tanks.

Regards,
Ken
Ken Laidlaw