Re: Some Wild Caught Apistos

samaroo wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if anyone has heard of, seen, or had any experience with
> the following apistos.  They may be made available at a local pet store,
> but I have no idea what they even look like.
>
> 1. wild caught Alenquer aggasizzi

One of the most beautiful of all A. agassizii varieties.
Adults become metalic blue on body, deep yellow or orange on belly.
There is a red variety, meaning more red on caudal fin, than the normal
type.
Not difficult to breed. Relatively prolific.

> 2. Ap. sp. red point

Never heard of it before.

> 3. wild caught Ap. sp. smaragd emerald

Very colorful population of A. geisleri.
Chest emerald-green, usually with red markings.
A species from the A. regani-group.
In nature it is sympatric with A. agassizii 'Alenquer'.
Very easy to breed, also very prolific.