A. cruzi?

Recently I got a pair of A.cruzi. I can not find any specific information
on keeping them. The only thing I found is what they belong to A.regini
(sp?) group. And sales person (very good one) said they are "hardy". So
far, it looks like they do not like a lot of light - coming out mostly in
the dim light (then the lights in the room are on, but tank's are off) -
is it because they are new (a week) in here or this is their normal
behavior, and if it is so what should I do with plants?

What are the best conditions for keeping and breeding A.cruzi?
Why they are not so popular - do they have some negative trait what makes
them undesirable?
I have some neons and pristellas as dithers, but they did not succeed in
keeping Cruzi out. Male and female have separate hiding places - male in
coconut shell, female under the filter, although I have also clay pot.
Some plants (not a lot, but I am planning to add more). 10g, pH 5.6-5.7,
no heating (I think about summer - soon here will be 85-90F room
temperature without any heater).
What I can improove and how to make them spawn (they are  about 2.5
inches long)

Thank you for advice

Lilia