beauty contest?/Introduction

Greetings Apisto folks,
My name is Steve Waldron and happy to join your listserve. I bring a lot of
experience with me and hope to be an engaging participant in your group.I
have enjoyed the dwarf cichlid hobby since a teen and was fortunate enough
to have lived in the Bay Area during my Apisto tenure. Brian Wolinski was
my Apisto. guru and really helped me develop my passion and understanding
of these fascinating creatures. Presently, I mostly keep tropical frogs,
but interested in setting up a few Apistogramma/Pelvicachromis tanks. I
understand Brian is out of the hobby, so I'm unsure where to find good
quality fish, perhaps you kind folks on this list can direct me to good
breeders.
As fas as beauty/behavior goes heres a list of my favorites:

- - A fry-tending Apisto. nijsseni female in full breeding color leading
around her "ball" offspring.
- - A pair of mouth-gaping, fin-slappin' male Apisto. agassizi "red"
displaying at the invisible borderline of each other's territory
- - The aggressive display of a Taeniacara candidi male, fins glowing pink.
- - Courtship display of Pelvicachromis subocellatus
Best regards,
Steve Waldron

Steven J. Waldron                          e-mail: swaldron@slip.net
2550 Balboa St. #2                         phone: (415) 386-7377
San Francisco, California, 94121 USA

"I like the look of frogs, and their outlook, and especially the way
they get together in wet places on warm nights and sing about sex."
                                 - Archie Carr, The Windward Road