Fwd: beauty contest?/Introduction

Steve wrote:
>Greetings Apisto folks,
>My name is Steve Waldron and happy to join your listserve. I bring a
lot of
>experience with me and hope to be an engaging participant in your
group.I
>have enjoyed the dwarf cichlid hobby since a teen and was fortunate
enough
>to have lived in the Bay Area during my Apisto tenure. Brian Wolinski
was
>my Apisto. guru and really helped me develop my passion and
understanding
>of these fascinating creatures.

Steve--I've know Brian Wolinski for years a am saddened that he moved to
Florida, and has apparently dropped out of the hobby.  As a born again
(several times) aquarist, I expect that Brian will be back some day.
Anyway--Brian was a member of the Pacific Coast Cichlid Assn and  there
are other members who (many of them on this list) may be able to help
you locate dwarf cichlids.  I talked to Aaron (don't remember his last
name) at the December meeting and he said he was shipping in some
Dicrossus maculata, several dwarf pikes, and some other pretty exotic
fish in.  Aaron is a list member also.  Perhaps if Aaron reads this
post, he may comment.  Anyway--the PCCA meets the second Saturday of
each month at the Round Table Pizza at Moorpark and Saratoga Ave in  San
Jose.  Just a hop, skip, and a jump from San Francisco.  There are a few
apisto finatics who would probably be happy to meet you and talk
apistos.